Monday, October 09, 2006

TriFusion and the Colbert Half

Tri Fusion was represented at the Colbert ½ Marathon this past Saturday by board members Kim Ellis and Kirk Wood-Gaines.
Congratulations Kirk on an awesome race, we know this was your favorite race of the year so far because you yourself have been quoted saying that your favorite race is the “next one”!

Not only did you run like a cheetah today representing our club in an impressive way. You emulated the true heart and soul of TriFusion by staying long after you finished the race to cheer for a fellow team member. This was over the top and was a perfect example of one of the purposes of our Club.

Kirk you make me proud to be on the same team as you! And by the way your smile is infectious!!!


Contratulations Kim Ellis on completion of the biggest race of your life so far……..… the Colbert ½ Marathon!!

I will never forget the phone call I got about 7 weeks ago asking me if after your first Triathlon season I thought you could train and be ready to run a ½ Marathon in 7 weeks. I wasn’t surprised that Julie had asked you, but I remember being stunned and amazed that you were considering it!! Well I wasn’t about to give you a way out so of course I said yes!!

I have watched you diligently carve out the long hours to train, even in the rain and I am so proud of you for taking on the challenge.

You were the perfect example today of one of the benefits of being part of a team. You were blessed by several TriFusion members (Kirk, Jessi, Kathi & Natalie) rallying around you in various ways to support your inaugural ½ Marathon race.
You made us all proud today by your determination and courageous spirit! Kim you have a promising future in Triathlon and I look forward to seeing what you choose to tackle next. Your journey to fitness is inspiring to all of us who are blessed to call you our friend!

2 comments:

Kim Herring said...

The support that we received on Saturday from the TriFusion team was AMAZING!!! My day started out great with you, dad and mom supporting me and of course Julie running with me. By the end of the race it was PERFECT with other team members cheering for us at the finish.

Thank you for your never ending support and inspiration that you provide the rest of us.

jessithompson said...

An awesome day! GREAT RACE KIRK AND KIM!!! Great team support Tri Fusion!