Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Swimming in Hawaii

There are two great kinds of swimming here in Hawaii. One is in the swimming pool at the condo.


The other is in the glorious ocean. I had my first open water swim today and actually liked it much more than I thought I would. Although my throat started to feel a little sore (ironic because don't you gargle salt water for a sore throat), the waves didn't really bother me much. I enjoyed our "Starbucks Swim" with the other Tri Fusion members here and even loved being able to see all the fish. (I'm looking forward to doing some snorkeling tomorrow.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pics and commentary about this adventure. What a blast. Next year, I will definitely be there, although I will not be doing any of the running stuff. Continue the blogs and enjoying yourselves. (I know you will.) Eileen

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathi! How great to see your beaming face in the pool! I LOVE Hawaii and have done snorkeling there too! The fish are AMAZING!!!!
I am SO glad that you are having this special time of rejuvination!!
Much love! Linda

Kim Herring said...

Aloha!
So glad you got the chance for an open water swim. As I sit here shivering in my office I can't even imagine going in the water but I'm sure it felt really nice. Maybe next year I'll get to experience an ocean swim with you.