Monday, October 16, 2006

It's the End of the World!

Okay, not really. There are no torrential rains, no one running for the airport, no tsunamis, no one swimming back to the mainland... in all reality things are pretty much back to normal. Although, I'd be lying if I didn't mention that Kevin and I nearly pooped our pants when we were awaken on Sunday morning with the entire room shaking violently. Since we got to our condo so late on Sat. night we didn't go to the grocery store for food. This proved to be a bit of a problem when all the grocery stores were closed on Sunday morning with no power and lots of messes to clean up. So after waiting in long lines for donuts and coffee we were finally able to make it to a grocery store yesterday afternoon. It's been a great trip so far... definitely memorable. Kevin and I have been enjoying the laid back pace and even had a chance to go on a couple runs together. We're traveling with a great group of people which makes for lots of great conversation and laughter.

Here's a picture of some of the girls hanging out at the pool!

More updates to come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathi! What a cute picture...keep 'em coming! We were so glad to hear you all were OK. The media had stomach- grabbing headlines and only horrible pictures (we even had a "small tsunmai" headline.) The last line said the water had gone up 4". Give me a break! So...we are so glad that things are getting back to normal! Enjoy the fun and sun! Lots of rain in Spokane! Love to all of you!! Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathi,
I was happy to read your post (Jessi and Roger's too). Glad that everything is settling down. Boy do you ladies look fabulous in your bikinis! Wow! I hope that you have a great week of sunshine and excitement (preferably not the earth-shaking type though). The weather here is not so good. We were fortunate to make it through the 1/2 marathon with no rain though. I am now one step closer to a half-ironman! It hurts a lot to walk today though and I can't wait for my next leg massage. Tell everyone "Hi" for me.
Jennifer

Kim Herring said...

Hola Chica - or should that be Aloha? So glad things are better than the media reports. I should know better by now but for some reason I got caught up in the reports. It was great to talk to you yesterday and to hear that everything really was okay. I apologize for getting you out of the pool. lol

Enjoy the rest of your vacation and cheer loudly for Roger on my behalf. I'm already making plans for next year. YEAH!