Thursday, August 02, 2007

Ironman Highlights


My TOP 13 Favorite Highlights of my 1st Ironman Race

1) Finding Kevin after the finish and seeing the emotion and pride in him, that had welled up and was overflowing
2) Hugging Adam, Noah and Paisley at the finish line and realizing that they were not only proud of me but they were inspired by their mommy
3) The blessing of having so many of my “favorite people on the planet” share this long and amazing day with me

4) Hearing the words announced: “Kathi Best of Spokane WA, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!”

5) Seeing Adam in my cheer section, in the morning, with watery eyes as I rode by my 1st time on the bike, realizing that he must have skipped a mandatory weekend class because he could not stand not to be there, and then the gift of having him run miles 20, 21, and 22 with me
6) Hearing Tiffany yell at the top of her lungs “Kathi how is your vagina doing – Do you need some Vagina-ease!” as I am riding in the midst of 100 guys!

7) Seeing Noah and his animated cheering which I know was pure LOVE for his Mommy coming out of an Introvert

8) Having one of my Best High School girlfriends Barb and her husband Greg come all the way from Oregon to cheer me on because they wanted to share the experience with me

9) Having my Best Friend and "Sisty Ughler" run along side me in her flip flops to give me checking to see how I was doing and give me some encouragement in an effort to fill my cup

10) Having my friend & client Dianne S. yell at the top of her lungs as I ran by at mile13 “Kathi Best, you are a sexy bitch” and having the crowd erupt with cheer

11) Trying to “High-five” all my Kathi’s Best Cheer Squad as I was running by, and because of my extreme speed…Ha….I was catching some hands and missing some hands and noticing that with each successive passing Paisley and Kyle seemed to be developing a competition between each other of who actually touched my hand

12) Having my brother in law Jeff get so affected by the excitement my sister Patti was exhibiting about the whole Ironman experience that he couldn't stand it and purchased an airline ticket and flew in to surprise me
13) Seeing my typically quiet daughter cheer her heart out for me each time I passed by


*Yes I can count, but I just couldn't get it down to "13"

14) Seeing the Tri Fusion Signs and my Tri Fusion Teammates all over the race course and exchanging cheers.

15) Having an organized “Kathi’s Best Cheer Squad” with AWESOME matching T-shirts


16) Standing on the beach at the Start of the Swim with my pre-race Pacifier “Jessi”

17) Receiving an entire hour of hugs from my “Kathi’s Best Cheer Squad” after the race

4 comments:

Kim Herring said...

Maybe next year I'll actually remember my running shoes and get some real mileage with you.

jessithompson said...

Getting to start that race with you was an incredible memory... I can close my eyes and see every detail of it. Love you, GG!

Tiffany said...

I'm so glad my vagina comment brought a smile to your face. But seriously...someone needs to invent Vagina-Ease! I'd pay millions for it! :) Love seeing these pictures. I cannot wait to watch you become an Ironman again next year!

Anonymous said...

Having very little time to do anything lately I was not able to read this entire blog until tonight; "WOW!" As I mentioned before, "You have inspired me!"
Great job and keep it going as you will see me at some of those races you do in 2008 and I might even have a speedo on, who knows?
Jeff Evans a great fan!