Thursday, August 16, 2007

13 Things I Value in a Friendship

1) Having a relationship that is Loyal No Matter What

2) Willingness to be Spontaneous in Different Ways
3) Integrity that is Strong enough to be Honest At All Times
4) Having a Sense of Humor that is Shared
5) Being Generous with Compassion, Understanding and Grace
6) Knowing when to be Supportive and when to Allow Space

7)The Connection of two Innate Brains that Defies Adaption

8) The Gift of Sharing & Valuing Quality Time
9) Being Invested and taking Genuine Interest in one another’s life
10) Dependability

11) Not keeping Score about Anything
12) Having Enthusiasm, Optimism & Passion about some common things
13) Feeling Safe enough to be Vulnerable to allow for Mutual Teach Ability
Above all those 13 would be.... Authenticity

6 comments:

Kim Herring said...

I love you my authentic friend/sisty ugler/partner in crime/therapist!

jessithompson said...

XOXO GG!

Anonymous said...

I had a LOL moment with the snowman poop cartoon!

Wonderful post, Kathi.

Love you!
Tim

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Kathi- I especially love authenticity and #11...doesn't keep score! Miss you! Love Linda

Anonymous said...

You continue to amaze me with these little Thursday scenarios/almost skits as I can see you in my mind's eye. They help us realize just how precious you are to all your friends and family, and leave us wanting to better our own lives. Thanks so much for sharing such intimate parts of yourself with us.
Love, Rachael

LORIE said...

You are doing an amazing job with your blog. . .wasn't it a year ago others were posting your posts? Way to learn something new!! I am proud of you.