Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Penticton Day #1


Our first day in Penticton was fabulous. We started it by sleeping in, which was like a little piece of heaven on earth. Then we enjoyed our favorite coffee drinks in our own room, because we brought out espresso machine with us...Shut up Josh (smile)!

Then we took a walk down to the Ironman Village and checked out the Ironman Canada Apparel. Wow we scored the jacket to beat all jackets, Roger spotted it in someone's hand about 3 seconds after we entered the tent and he, Jessi, and I all purchased one. It is soo cool looking, red and black with a big Iroman M-dot on the back!! Kevin found the perfect T-shirt for himself with the graphics of "Iron-Fan" on it!

Then Jessi and I went for a nice long run, along the lake at 12:30 in the heat of the day and had an amazing 2+ minute negative split. Whahoo!!

Then we had some amazing lunch, followed by some even better pool time, life was feeling really good. We felt on a mission to try to even up a few of our tan lines from all our different lengths of running and cycling shorts.


Kevin and I took off and visited one of our favorite Winery's, did some wine tasting and purchased a case of various delicious and award winning white wines from Red Rooster Vineyards.


Followed that by eating one of my favorite dishes that Jessi makes called Thai peanut chicken pasta, yum yum!

Then of course we had to top that off with a 2-scoop ice cream cone from the nice lady from South America down at the ice cream shop!


Ended the day by having Jessi help me give my Blog a new face lift, I love it and look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Vacations are Gifts to my Soul, Attitude & Mental Clarity!

Nite....Nite.....

6 comments:

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Kathi-
The day you described sounds like heaven!!! How wonderful, and well-deserved after all your hard work and training, to have a goal of evening up your tan line!!! That's what vacations are all about! A perfect way to end the summer!

I LOVE your new blog format and the quote you chose. I plan to use that in my class on the wall. I often tell students "It's never too late to be who you could have been!" I like this version since it talks about it being OUR responsibility!

Thanks too for your last post about there is no try, you either do or you don't! Great reminder!

Hugs to you and please give one to Jessi and Emma for me!

Love, Linda

Josh said...

you are a piece of work... i didn't even get to the "shut up Josh" before I started laughing.

Is this the same Kathi that said my coffee smelled like cancer??

See you in a few weeks. Love ya

Anonymous said...

Have a great time, Kathi! Enjoy your vaycay, and keep us posted -- sounds rough!

Love,
Tim

LORIE said...

SOUNDS FANASTIC. . . . .

Kathleen said...

Sounds awesome, especially the food and wine!! Have a great time and don't forget to taper for all the cheering you have to do on Sunday!!

See you in a few days!

Anonymous said...

Wow - you got the "blog" posted from Canada - Kathi: I am so impressed!!! I thought you might be able to e-mail, but to update us on the happenings was a very nice surprise. I am sure your time with friends was very special and time with Kevin even more so. Way to celebrate your coaching - Roger should be so proud of you.
LYS, Rachael