Monday, November 27, 2006

Kathi's 1st Solo Post







This post is A GIANT Thank You to my Blog support crew!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of you may not be aware that out of the 49 posts I have on my Blog, none of them have been personally "posted" by me. Oh yes, I have written the text and picked the photo's, which for my kindergarten level computer skill level is impressive enough, however the actual posting has been done by a "ghost team"! So now it is time to "come out" and give some thanks and major kuddo's to those who are so deserving.


Thank you to my "dear friend" and "sister of choice" and "Sisty Ugler", Kim Ellis who has posted nearly every post on my blog since the beginning. Taking hours of her own time to figure out how to even post a blog, and all for me, when I wasn't even interested in figuring it out for myself. I have shot countless e-mail and even more attached pictures in bits and pieces to Kim at all hours of the day and night and she always manages to put the puzzle together and create me a "blog post" that is beautiful. It has been like Christmas for me the past several months, as I run down early in the morning to see if my post that I sent to Kim in fragmented pieces, is put together and posted. It has been such a treat and a gift for me to see the color and artwork that she picked to go along with the theme I sent to her and she was always amazing at picking the perfect color or clip art to comunicate my feelings or mood. Kimmie, I love you and so appreciate all your, patience with me, your laborous hours of love that you have given unselfishly, generously & joyfully to my journey to Ironman. You even continued to post mine after you started your own blog. I am grateful and I want you to know how much of a gift you are to my life!

Thank you also to my "dear friend" and "sister of choice" and "GG", Jessi Thompson who was my initial inspiration to even start a Blog to journal my road to Ironman! And who generously gave of her own time to set up my origional Blog because I lack the skills to do it for myself. And who has not only pinch hit for Kim several times to post for me, but even created a few meaningful posts for me when I lacked the time or energy to creat one for myself, or lacked access to a computer, like when we were in Hawaii! And again what a gift and treat for me to actually wake up to a post, I didn't create and have it be exactly what I would have picked to say about that paticular event! And for being the one who finally made me sit down at the computer and said very lovingly and supportively, it is time you learn how to do this, let me teach you!What a gift it was for me to be the receipient of her gifted talent for teaching and have it be an uplifting, fun and confidence boosting experience for me. At 48 years of age I am just learning to not be afraid of the computer and Jessi has a special way of breaking it down, taking the fear and intimidation out and making it such a postive experience. Thank you GG for your patience with me, your loving and uplifiting instruction, and for not judging me for my lack of knowledge! Your investment in me was a gift!

And thank you to my "dear friend" and "husband of choice" Kevin for his patience with so many aspects of me having a blog:

*like all the extra hours I have spent on "his" computer

*like all my crazy requests for pictures with "his" digital camera
*like all the times he has come to my aide when I can't figure out how to do something



*like all the times he dropped everything to download
pictures from "his" digital camera because I needed them to
send to Kim for a post "now"
*like problem solving for me when I have pushed a wrong button and lost all my data
*like having A LOT of patience with me & putting up with my technological incompetence

Kevin I love you and am so grateful that God chose to give you to me. Of all the ways that you give to me, your support of literally "what ever I am crazy enough to pursue", is without question a huge love tank filler for me.
I am grateful that you are always my biggest fan, heartiest supporter, and most faithful encourager, even in my darkest hours of self doubt. You are the one when the "fear of failure" is attacking my self confidence and courage to go on, that embraces me and tells me that I can do it, that I am capable and that I am worthy of experiencing the success.
Your belief in me and your words of affirmation at all times of my journey are gifts to my heart and soul. I like myself better because of you and I am grateful for the love and support that you so unselfishly and so consistently bestow upon me. Thank You I love you with all my heart!

Posted proudly by Kathi Best with gratefulness to all who helped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You rock, Kathi! Can't wait to see you for a Kona reunion next Saturday!

Tim

Kim Herring said...

WOOHOO! Go Sisty! I am immeasurably proud of you for tackling your blog. No words can really express how proud I am of you for you successful posts. It brought me great joy to find that you had done one by yourself.

Just know that I will always be here if you get stuck and need help. It has been such a feast for my frontal right to actually create your posts that it didn't seem like work at all.

I love you!

jessithompson said...

I am so proud of you - and inspired by how you push yourself to try something new. It's been a pleasure to help out with the blog although I must admit that my motives are somewhat selfish :) - I love reading your words, thoughts, and wisdom that come through in your posts. I love ya GG! XOXO

tak2lmt said...

You are awsome.

LORIE said...

WAY TO GO. Trying new things is good for the soul and constantly learning is good for the mind. Congrats!

PS that pic of you and Kevin is
H-O-T!!

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Kathi- One of my favorite 84 year old mentors once told me, "honey, you'll know you've arrived when you can tell people who you REALLY are and not be ashamed!!!" Your post does this on so many levels!! Your authentic spirit shares your growing skills with technology, your ability to ask for help, and your willingness to give credit to those who helped you. Your courage to tackle new areas of your life (be it swimming or doing a "solo" post on your blog), shows a 48 year old beautiful spirit with SO much potential to learn and grow!!
You are FACING FEARS HEAD ON...you are feeling the fears..and doing it anyway! It's an honor to be part of supporting you in this process! You go girl! Love, Linda
PS this post is beautiful..and YOU made it!

Nat said...

Kathi,

Phenomenal post! I had no idea you were not posting yourself, but I am so happy for your new learning, and now my new learning about YOU! The others are 100% right, your words are eloquent and exciting to read, and keep up with your training and family life too. Fabby job, K!

Nat

Anonymous said...

Our school motto is "Celebrating the Journey". I think that is exactly what you are doing. Keep on keepin' on!
Love Ya! Patti Gay