Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Ironman 70.3 last "cont'd"


Roger, my amazing coach! It is you who started this all!! The first time I saw you race 4 years ago, I knew deep down inside that I wanted to do this. Cheering for you was so exciting for me and it got me so excited about Triathlon! Your love and passion for the sport is contagious! I am so thankful for the ability to have you as a coach. I have learned so much and look forward to learning more. Your belief in me gives me courage even in the midst of my fears. Having you cheer for me makes me want to push myself to make you proud of me. Thank you so much, your willingness to invest in me boosts my self-esteem in this sport and inspires me to want to do better.

Adam, Noah & Paisley, thank you so much for your sacrificial support of my training and races. I appreciate all of the help around the house that allows me to get in my training. Your willingness to pitch in without complaining is a gift to me. I love you so much for your willingness to get up early and come to a race to cheer me on. I have cheered for all of you for so many years that it feels strange to be the one being cheered for. Just know that your cheers and support fill up my mommy heart with love beyond words. I love you with all my heart!!!

P.S. A big thank you to Kim, my “Tri Sista” for sacrificing an evening with her husband to get this very long blog posted!

Hugs and gratitude to all of you who sent words of cheer, positive thoughts and prayers my way….Love Kathi

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathi,

Wow, what an amazing day. Tough course, tough conditions, and some tough crashes... and you still overcame it all with a smile on your face. If I would have had some of the mechanical problems you did, I don't know if I could come across with the same positive spirit. But then again, that is who you are. I remember when I suggested this race. I knew deep down inside you wanted to do it, but you were not sure if you physically could. But it was just like you learning how to swim... you took it head on and did the best you could. These races (IM and 1/2 IMs) are a lot different than the shorter distances. You really cannot 'fake' it. Especially when it is 97 degrees. You really have to dig deep and KNOW that you will finish. You accomplished something that very few people would even attempt to do.

I know you got a bit of a late start, but as we roll into the 4th quarter, I think you are going to be at your best. I'm looking forward to the other races you do and what you take away from them.

Pretty crazy sport... a lot of hard work followed by harder work. But at the end, there really is no other feeling like it. Nice work! Troika will feel a lot better I would imagine assuming you stay ON your bike.

You are awesome and I am very proud of you. Now I am going to go have a smoke and finish off my 1/2 rack of beer.

Love,
Roger

Anonymous said...

Kathi,
You go tri-girl! Love the blog and you are still such an inspiration. I will live vicariously through you in the next year. Love ya cj

Anonymous said...

Sorry we couldn't be there to cheer you on, Kathi! You had an outstanding race, and can be very proud of your having completed in in style and with a terrific overall place and time -- way to go! No question you have a great coach and support group, and you obviously have fantastic discipline and focus to pull off this accomplishment.

I'm proud to know you and to have your influence and friendship in my family's life. You go girl!

See you at Troika!

Tim Seppa