Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Ironman 70.3 cont'd (#4)

Many thanks to my support team and cheer squad:




Thank you to Kevin for being my biggest supporter and encourager! For believing in me even when I have not believed in myself. Thank you again for my race wheels that I know made me go faster. And thank you for all the amazing pictures that you take that provides lasting memories of my races. I love you, your support means the world to me!

Thank you Emma for being the greatest Cheerer! I loved hearing your cheers, “Goooooo Kakie” they made me smile and made me go faster.

Thank you Mom for sacrificing 3 of your precious retirement days, to come all the way from Oregon to cheer me on. It was your cheers that I heard the loudest and they encouraged me to continue on.


Thank you Don being willing to fit this into the crazy schedule that mom keeps you on. I understand your introversion and therefore I know it was a sacrifice of love for you. Knowing that you yourself were a Triathlete (back in the day) and that without any words you understand what it takes to do a Triathlon. Your support of me in this sport gives me inspiration and strength!


Thank you to my 2 stepbrothers Jim and Shawn, it was such a surprise to me when mom told me you were coming and what a thrill it was for me to have you cheering me on. It was so great to see you both, thanks for your support and interest in my Triathlon endeavors!

Jessi (GG), what can I say, you are my Triathlon mentor. Your “can do” attitude, work ethic and dedication to training inspire me and make me want to stretch myself and do better. You continue to have amazing patience with me as I work through different fears that would interfere with my participation in the sport of Triathlon. You have come up with so many creative ways to help me overcome some of my fears for which I am very grateful! Love Ya!

1 comment:

jessithompson said...

There's nothing more to say than this is an honor and a pleasure to share this journey with you. I consider myself lucky to have been able to see the grin across your whole body as you crossed the finish line. I am so proud of you!