Monday, August 21, 2006

Starbucks Swim 8-20-06

Today we met The Thompson’s at 5-mile Starbucks for coffee and a little carbo-load breakfast. Then we all proceeded to Medical Lake to do an Open Water swim! It was a beautiful morning and we had the lake all to ourselves, which was amazing. We actually made the 1st footprints on the beach! Paisley and Emma played on the beach while we swam from the sandy beach all the way to the other end of the lake and back, which is about 1.5 miles. Definitely the furthest I have ever swam in Open Water! Kevin joined us on the swim, his 2nd of the season and said he was going to swim for about 30 minutes. To his surprise and ours he swam the whole 1.5 miles, which meant he actually swam for about 1 hour! Nice work Kevin, you looked great in your wetsuit by the way.

Highs of the day for me……… was actually seeing Kevin swim 1.5 miles by choice and seeing Margo Fitzgerald at Starbucks

Low of the day for me………..seeing all the Brad Stark (the enemy) political signs along the road… Re-elect Ralph Baker for Assessor!!


Funniest moment…………..Having Jessi clobber my head with full stroke force as we collided in the middle of the lake, we both came up laughing hysterically!!!!!! And I thought I had already completed Jessi’s swim boot camp!!!!!!!! Guess she decided I needed the advanced course! HA… OUCH!… HA… HA

Hey GG how do you like my new swim cap????????????


If you want to add some SPICE to your Triathlon training – or go through Jessi’s Swim Boot Camp…….. join us for our next Starbucks Swim on Sunday September 3rd, see you at Starbucks at Five Mile at 8:30am!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - now I'm not sure if I should take Jessi up on her offer of helping in the pool. Do you think she'll try to drown me to see if I'll sprout gills? lol
Your TriSista!

jessithompson said...

VERY FUNNY - nice swim cap, lady!

Anonymous said...

And you're the OLDER sister! What's up with that? What you have accomplished so far blows my mind! I've enjoyed reading about your progress. What a great way for those of us from far away to keep up with you. From the sounds of it, blogging will be the only way I will be able to keep up with you :-) I can't even imagine where your energy is coming from but you Go Girl! and keep right on going. Looking so forward to coming up and cheering you on for the "Big One". Ironman...here she comes! You are an inspiration Kathi Best! I love telling my friends that my 48 year old sister is an Ironman!!! Yah baby! I'm so proud of you. Love you lots! Your Sis!

Anonymous said...

Great goals -- those of getting/staying in phenomenal shape and enjoying the great outdoors together. Your smile riding through the rain with Jessi shines through all of these activities -- you rock, Kathi!
Hugs,
Tim

Anonymous said...

Kathi, You Rock! You are truly an inspiration. Congrats on the 70.3's - sounds like you're doing awesome. I miss you guys, and as much as I know my next trip to Spokane will be for the torture of survival training, I'm so excited to return. Keep up the hard work and never forget that backyard lunges is the best training activity for triathletes.

Roger Thompson said...

Okay... 2 weeks now... getting old... I know you have not been eating vanilla Oreos and potato chips... give us some details here even if you don't use a picture... I'm going to stop checking...

12:20 am on Tuesday morning. I just got back from school and will be back there for the first day later today (about 7 hours). Guess I better get to bed. Thanks a ton for the dinner. It will be perfect for the party we are hosting tomorrow night. Is this your subtle way of having a say in what we eat? Tricky...

Love,
Roger