Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Ironman 70.3 cont'd (#3)





When I started the run, my legs felt like they were not going straight! For about the first 3 miles of the run, I was struggling. Just couldn’t seem to get into any kind of rhythm that felt good. I was talking to myself, trying to come up with a plan that my mind could handle and that my body could follow, about the time I decided I was going to try to run for 15 minutes and walk for 5 minutes, I started to feel better. By the 6 mile point I was feeling pretty good, seemed to be passing a lot of people and knew I was going to finish this race running which thrilled me! It was 97 degrees while I was on the run. I completed the run in 2 hours and 22 minutes, which my fastest stand alone ½ marathon was 2 hours and 2 minutes. I finished the run 297th overall and 5th in my age group, so I passed some people on the run!

My overall finish time was 6 hours and 38 minutes and I finished 7th in my age group of 45-49 year olds and finished 297th overall out of about 800 participants! So my inaugural ½ Ironman was a great experience for me and I really had a great time, feeling that my strength in Triathlon lies in the longer distances. I definitely want to do another one!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girlfriend! Way to go! You had an amazing time even with a couple of crashes! I'm glad you're okay and were able to continue the race. Looking forward to this weekend.
Your TriSista!