Friday, July 20, 2007

I'm BACK!!!!!!!!!!



There have been so many details, thoughts and emotions I wanted to share over the past month regarding the days leading up to my 1st Ironman Race and the days that followed, but truthfully I did not have the energy or time to get them together in my head let alone put them down in text form. I have felt slightly guilty but chose to take the more functional road of attempting to manage my energy, honor the balance in my life and my keep my sanity!

I am grateful for the patience and grace that so many of you gave me as you have supportivly & lovingly checked my blog daily only to find the same month old post!

I should probably just start fresh from today, but I just can't, there are too many exciting things to share, so lets get caught up, here we go!

We are going back to June 10th and an Olympic Distance race in Troutdale Oregon. This was the 2007 Tri Northwest Team/Club Championships. Our Tri Fusion Club was successful at putting a team of 30 people together. We were able to fill every division. We headed to Oregon with a Dream, tons of excitement and enthusaim in hopes that we could all pull off the Club Championship Win!

The "Short" story is that we DID!!!!!!!!! And we won by a land slide. Here are the team results:
1st Place..........Tri Fusion, Spokane WA............................48 points



2nd Place........Gecko Tri Club, Portland OR....................27 points

3rd Place........Ironheads, Portland OR.............................26 points

4th Place........Oregon State University, Corvallis OR....18 points

5th Place........Emde Sports, Spokane WA........................14 points


6th Place........Portland Tri Club, Portland OR................13 points

7th Place........Athletes Lounge, Hillsboro OR..................4 points

Tri Fusion made a huge impression on the day from our Sharp Team Clothing, to the Synergy, Support and Fellowship of its teammates! There were alot of people who rallied in support of the team and went way outside their comfort zone to race a distance they had never raced before! There was amazing support and gratitude from ALL Team Members.

I am proud to say that my husband Kevin was one of those who rallied big time to support the team by signing up to do his 1st Olympic Distance Triathlon so the Club could fill the Masters Mens Division. Kevin had a great race, and at the finish said it was the hardest thing he has ever done (smile)!


I had a great race as well and was honored by being called to the podium to recieve a 2nd place medal for the Masters Female Division!
Some of my highlights from Blue Lake:

My sister Patti, brother-in-law Jeff and niece Hailey came to share the weekend with us and cheer for the race. We had a fabulous time and made some treasured memories.


One of my favorite High School classmates Barb Smith and her husband Greg came to cheer us on. We hadn't seen each other in years and it was such a blessing to reconnect. And share my love of Triathlon with her.

Got to race for the 1st time with my "Nice Guy Buddy" Dave Lawrence (left w/ daughter Katherine) and got to make a new friend and fabulous memorys with new Team Member Kerrie Fisher! (left of me)
I look forward to going back to Blue Lake next year and being apart of Tri Fusion trying to defend our Tri-Northwest Club Championship!

8 comments:

Kim Herring said...

Welcome back to the blogging world! lol

I love the picture that you started your blog with and where exactly the blog gets time in our lives - right in the abyss of being in the middle. haha

Have fun at Tiger Tri! Love you sisty!

Anonymous said...

Kathi,

Thank you so much for getting back to the blogging. I am happy to hear that you had great reasons for not posting. It was driving me crazy not having any new information. I resorted back to the archives for great stories. But once again thing are in order in the universe and I can once again look forward to Thursdays.

Thanks for being such a great inspriation.

Tiffany said...

3 things: You are AWESOME, you are HOT, and you are an AMAZING TRIATHLETE! xoxo

Anonymous said...

A NEW BLOG!!!!!!!
WOO...HOO!

Welcome back...we missed you:)

Julia

jessithompson said...

I know what this is like to be overwhelmed with trying to catch up on your blog... keep having fun with it and know your fan club will patiently await your morsels to come. Just getting started again is the hardest part :) Love you GG!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for being such a inspiration and role model for those of us who have lived for work and the couch. Your spirit has challenged ours and we will be forever grateful to you for not allowing us to be less than we can be, regardless of our ages. What a wonderful experience sharing the Ironman with you and can't wait until your blog shares your secrets (are there truly any with you, thanks so much).
Love, Rachael and Margot and Mike

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back Sis! I might be your sister but I'm also a fan and I missed reading your blog! You are such an inspiration to everyone around you. You will never know how many people you have inspired throughout your journey but just know that it's spreading like wildfire. My husband for one is off and running! He's looking HOT! and having a blast. Keep it spreading...you're changing the world one person at a time. I love you and I'm so proud of you. HUGS! Patti

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Kathi- Welcome Back! It's great to get caught up on your happenings!!
Thanks for having us over for the Ironman movie, for the great dinner, and fun tour of your home!
A special thanks to Kevin for his fish and eel tank tour and for the time he took to include Bert! His kindness means so much to me and to Bert!Love You! Linda