Thursday, June 21, 2007

Things I look forward to

Thirteen Things that I look forward to in my
1st Ironman Race this Sunday June 24th 2007

1) Actually being one of the thousands that are walking around pre-race in a wetsuit

2) The overwhelming anticipation of the starting gun for the “mass swim start”

3) Having my pre-race Security Blanket & Pacifier (Jessi) by my side at the swim start
4) Proving to myself that I am ready for this race

5) Seeing and appreciating all the amazingly fit bodies and knowing that I am racing with them

6) Trading cheers with the 23 other Tri Fusion Members that I know who will be racing out on the course

7) Racing on the same course as all the Pro Men Athletes, well actually all the men

8) Seeing those beautiful “Kathi Best” Cheer Squad T-shirts along the course

9) Hearing my friends and family cheering out my name as I go by

10) Having the finish shoot in sight

11) Crossing the finish line and hearing them say “Kathi Best – you are an Ironman”

12) Seeing the Emotion and Pride in my husbands face when he finds me after I finish

13) Completing a 3 year journey with a successful Dream Come True

14) Couldn’t help myself I had to add #14 because I wouldn’t be authentic if I didn’t admit that I look forward to actually passing guys along the race course, it does give me a boost of energy

9 comments:

Kim Herring said...

Baby you are going to soar like an Eagle. You have trained hard and I know that you will not let the waves get the best of you.

Anonymous said...

You're going to rock this race Kathi. =)

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Kathi- No hill can keep you down, no wave can stop you! See you Sunday!!! I believe in you! Love and hugs! Linda

LORIE said...

GOOD SKILL KATHI!!! I'LL BE CHEERING FOR YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

HI KATHI, I'M SO GLAD TO BE HERE IN SPOKANE IN TIME TO WATCH YOU PARTICIPATE IN THE "IRONMAN". THIS WILL BE MY FIRST TIME EVER WATCHING THIS EVENT BUT WHAT MAKES IT MORE EXCITING IS THAT I WILL KNOW SOMEONE IN IT, KATHI BEST!

KNOWING THE TYPE OF PERSON YOU ARE, I KNOW YOU WILL DO A FANTASTIC JOB.

WE WILL BE ON THE SIDELINES "HOOTING AND HOLLERING" FOR YOU AND YOU CAN'T MISS SEEING US IN OUR RED "KATHI BEST SHIRTS."

TAKE CARE. LOVE, CINDY MILLER (JEFF'S MOM)

P.S. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WRITING SUCH NICE THINGS ABOUT MY SON JEFF. HE IS JUST WHAT YOU SAID AND NOTHING DIFFERENT. HIS DAD AND I ARE VERY PROUD OF THE MAN, HUSBAND AND DAD THAT HE IS.

Tiffany said...

I've been thinking about you all week! I am really looking forward to watching you compete in and complete your first Ironman! I think you forgot to mention that not only are you racing with amazingly fit bodies, but you have one yourself!! You are going to do an incredible job and I can't wait to celebrate with you when you cross that finish line! See you in about 16 hours! :)

Josh said...

i'm so excited for you and proud of you!! you're gonna rock the show... I'll be cheering for you from here.

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you, Kathi! You are one well-prepared and capable athlete, and it's a privilege to be able to cheer and watch you on the course tomorrow.

Bring it ON!

love,
Tim

Anonymous said...

What were Kathi's results >_< It's thursday again . . .where are the results >_<