Friday, July 27, 2007

Hour 13

Hour 13: When I turned that corner it was one of the most exhilarating sights I have ever experienced.
The 6 blocks were lined with thousands of people, all cheering and yelling for you as you passed. I could see the Ironman Finish Shoot and Arch 6 blocks ahead, it was a welcomed and Glorious sight.
The loud cheering from the crowd was like a giant shot of pain killer and adrenaline all at once. I forgot that I was in pain and picked up my pace for the last 6 blocks to probably about a 7 minute mile pace, I felt amazing!

As I entered the final finish shoot that was lined with grand stands, I could see on both sides clusters of Red Kathi’s Best Cheer Squad T-shirts!! I ran down, waving, blowing kisses and reveling in the fact that I had accomplished my goal!


And at 13:06:53 these beautiful words were broadcast for all to hear......
“Kathi Best of Spokane WA – YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!

No comments: