Thursday, April 26, 2007

Special Friends

This is a "special" post for a "special" person!

Sometimes people come into your life and you work hard to get to know them and then work even harder to figure out where exactly they fit into the target of your life.

Then there are other times when people come into your life and you know them even before you know them. It takes little or no effort to be around them and it is no work at all to figure out where they fit on the target of your life.

This post is dedicated to my special friend Jeff M. who from the first time I met him I knew he was the kind of person that I would want in the Bullseye of the target of my life.

This Thursday Thirteen is at his request, (he never misses an opportunity to point out to me that I missed a Thursday Thirteen, and today was no different), however he will be very surprised when he logs onto my Blog tonight that my Thursday Thirteen is dedicated to him!


THIRTEEN THINGS I LOVE ABOUT JEFF M.

1) HE LOVES AND TRUELY ADORES HIS WIFE & ISN'T AFRAID TO SHOW IT

2) HE IS KIND HEARTED


3) HE IS GENUINE - THE REAL DEAL


4) HE IS ONE OF THE MOST GRACIOUS PEOPLE I KNOW


5) HE HAS A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR


6) HE IS ALWAYS HONEST WITH WORDS AND ACTIONS


7) HE IS VERY COMPLEMENTARY TO OTHERS


8) HE IS AN INVOLVED FATHER


9) HE IS A LOYAL FRIEND


10) HE IS VERY TRUSTWORTHY


11) HE IS A SUPPORTIVE PERSON


12) HE HAS A PASSION FOR LIFE


13) HE HAS A GREAT RELATIONSHIP WITH HIS PARENTS

Jeff, I am not sure what your love language is (and I regret that), but if it is words of affirmation I just filled up your tank big time :o)

I am thankful for you in my life, and appreciate all the support, encouragement and interest you have been to me along the way on my journey to Ironman.

I dedicate this post to you my "special friend"

p.s. I wish I could see your face when you log on to check if I followed through with my post today, looking for inspiration and realize that you are actually being inspired by yourself!
Your friend............Kathi


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of all the people I know (besides my family) I know no one has ever said that about me. I am honored to be your friend. Getting to know you and your family has been a wonderful experience. It is not that often that one comes across people that are genuine, and even more rare is to find an entire family that is. It is a privilege just knowing you all.

As far as adoring my wife, I would be crazy not to, who besides her would put up with me? (I wonder to this day why she chose me, she can do so much better)

Your comments mean more to me then you will ever know, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful post and so true to my husband's heart and actions. Rarely have I seen him rendered speechless. This would be one of those times.I always admire him and words such as these reaffirm my admiration. I love that others find the same values in him....I am quite proud.

I, too, am honored to have you and your family a part of our lives...whether as friends or role models....it's all good!