Sunday, April 29, 2007

Back to Back 50's


Kevin and I and 4 of our Tri Fusion Teammates (I regret that we did not take our camera) drove to Coeur d' Alene Idaho to ride 1 loop of the new Ironman Bike Course on Saturday. It was my second time on the course, the first time was very daunting, I had been told by several people that the new course was very hilly and challenging and I thought it would be good for me to experience it myself rather than be fearful from the words of others. Well no one was exaggerating!

Oh my Goodness, this was definitely the most challenging and technical bike ride I have ever done. The second time around was very challenging but I definitely had a better attitude about it. The six of us had a great time navigating and gutting out the course, I know for me that I need to ride it several more times to get the overwhelm out of my mind. Because 1 loop was challenging enough that I cannot at this point imagine having to do a second loop and then run a Marathon afterwards.
However I still have a Dream and a Vision of becoming an Ironman Finisher! Ya Baby!!!!

Today several members of our Triathlon Club participated in a local fundraiser ride called the Lilac Century, there was a 15, 25, 50 and 100 mile ride.

Kevin and I did the 50, which was our second day in a row of doing a 50 mile challenging bike ride. Pictured with us is Lorie, one of our Tri Fusion Teammates and the new owner of my 1st Triathlon Bike, she stepped up and did her first 25 mile bike ride.This was a ride for Charity not a race, but the racing blood was flowing through my veins and I couldn't help myself, I just felt compelled to keep passing people, especially the guys :o).......something sweet about that.
Pictured above is Steve Rupe another Tri Fusion teammate who is doing the 1/2 Ironman in Napa with me next week and also doing his first Ironman at Coeur d' Alene this June. And below is from left to right, Ben Greenfield a Nationally ranked Triathlete and our Club website Director and an amazing Endurance Sports Coach. Steve and his wife Tia and Scott Ward our Club Marketing Director, an amazing multi-time Ironman finisher and Ironman World Championship "Ironman Hawaii" Qualifier and Finisher!

So yes I kicked Kevin's Butt which was great reward for all my long hard hours of training. Kevin called me an "animal" and I took that as a huge complement to my words of affirmation love tank! It was a beautiful day and I felt good, even with tired legs!

Off to Napa Valley next weekend for my 1st 1/2 Ironman race of the season.

4 comments:

Kim Herring said...

As always I am impressed with your effort and dedication. I'm glad we all got to enjoy some nice weather this weekend while getting our training in.

Have fun in Napa - I look forward to hearing about your race.

Love you!!

LORIE said...

Great to see you at the ride this past weekend. I'll be cheering for you from afar as you do your 1/2 Ironman!!

jessithompson said...

Great job on the ride, GG! You are rockin' the house and will see great results in Napa for all of your hard work. Can't wait to make another memory with you! XOXO

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Kathi- You are a great role model for good health and lots of dedication and perseverence!! I am SO proud of you for all of the efforts you are making to meet your goal!!! Love and Hugs! Linda