Friday, June 08, 2007

Thursday Thirteen~Posted on Friday






13 Things that I have learned about “myself” or “life” or “people” during my journey to Ironman that have changed my life and made it much more “rich & fulfilling” to live and I wouldn’t give up the opportunity to learn these things for the world!

1) I am stronger than I could ever imagine-even in my weakest moments


2) People who truly love me will always be there for me, anytime or anywhere-even if it is not convenient for their lives and they will be happy for me when I change and grow


3) I am not too old to learn and grow and benefit from the changes that makes in my life


4) With support and determination I can overcome monumental fears & obstacles


5) I can ask for help or admit a weakness and not be paralyzed by an overwhelming feeling of failure, not that it is easy for me, but I now know it is something that I am capable of if I choose to


6) It is a choice to be paralyzed by fear, and if I choose to face a fear I have the inner strength and external support system to guarantee me a successful journey not only through the fear but also at the other end of fear


7) The sport of Triathlon is one that can be a “Lifestyle” and I like how that “Lifestyle” looks and feels on me


8) It is okay to be out of balance for a time, I won’t fall apart and I will always come back to balance with a renewed respect and appreciation for when I have it in my life


9) I have an increase self-confidence that gives me incredible strength to be genuinely me


10) My True Friends and Family of Choice are happy for me when I grow, change or experience success in my world


11) I learned that for me determination and perseverance comes from a desire deep within my soul


12) I learned about my “sacrifice threshold” regarding how much and what I am and am not willing to sacrifice


13) The priorities in my life have been redefined and clarified over and over again but this journey has truly illuminate for me which ones are “no matter what” at the top of my list

4 comments:

Kim Herring said...

I know that asking for help is very difficult for you, as well as most females, but I have also learned recently that it's okay to ask - we actually might learn something. lol

Has someone ever told you that you're "different" than you used to be, like it was a bad thing? Or, you're just not the same as you used to be?

I say to that, well, I certainly hope I'm not the same person. My wish for everyone in my life is that we evolve into being better people. What's wrong with that? Nothing!!!!! How can we not wish GREAT things for each other? My wish for you is that you enjoy your journey no matter what the outcome. That goes for any journey that you find yourself embarking on - whether that be the Ironman journey or simply the journey through life.

The journey through life may not be graceful for all of us but it is my wish that none of us stay in the valleys for any great length of time. Let's get to those mountain tops and relish the accomplishments that we have achieved.

Love you sisty ugler!

Anonymous said...

You go sister! Climb that mountain and I'll be waiting at the bottom for you - Ha! Ha! Love ya lots!
Patti

Anonymous said...

What a great post. You have turned some heart-felt sorrow and disappointment into empowering and inspiring words in #2. Definitely a turning point in your perspective and so glad you rewarded me by sharing it...love ya, Julia.

Anonymous said...

Kathi, I was in tears just reading your story. I am and have been so very very happy for you and PROUD of you. You ARE the IRONMAN.
Love ya, Carolyn