Saturday, May 19, 2007

BLESSINGS

Yesterday was my longest "Ironman" training day so far. I had a 5 hour bike ride followed immediately by a 45 minute brick run. Even with good music that is along time to train alone.

So how do you make a 6 hour training session seem like 3 hours?


You Train with a "HOT" Triathlete!It was such a blessing to be able to do this training session with my friend Jessi "Ironman Finisher" Thompson! And what a treat for me that she planned out the whole ride and took me on roads from here to GreenBluff to Deer Park and Riverside that I had never been on. I was amazed that I have lived in Spokane for 13 years and didn't even know these parts of the country existed!

Some of my favorite blessings of the day:

~Clear blue skies

~Warm sunshine

~Great conversation

~Beautiful new scenery

~Quality time with a True Friend

~Jessi's athleticism challenges me

~Learning more about how to prepare for my Ironman Race

~Opportunities to work on my "going fast downhill issues"

~The time flew by

~Making another great Triathlon Memory


It was a beautiful day with a beautiful friend....thanks G.G.



4 comments:

jessithompson said...

Spending the day with you was a gift to my life in SO MANY ways. I am continually grateful that you are my friend and member of my family of choice. Who knew 6 hours of training could be so much fun? Can't wait for next week!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Kathi! Your friendship and commitment are awesome, and inspiring. What a terrific team you make!

Bring it on!
Tim

Kim Herring said...

I'm happy for both of you that you can train together.

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Kathi- I love the pictures..they tell the story! You two have a blast together! Love and hugs! Linda