Thursday, March 15, 2007

WHY I LOVE SCHOOL SPRING BREAKS


The reason I love "Spring Break" is because it is an opportunity for me to spend some "Quality Time" with my kids.
Adam is on Spring Break from Gonzaga and Noah came home last night from UW so for the next 11 days we will have all 3 kids home and I will be in "Mommy Heaven"!
You can't imagine the fullness of my heart tonight at dinner. We had all 5 of us sitting around the table, eating a scrumptious meal prepared by Adam because he cooks every Thursday night. We were talking, catching up, laughing, joking and just being into each other..it was GLORIOUS!
Here are some things that I am looking forward to over the next 11 days:
1) To watching Adam, Noah & Paisley interact as siblings
2) To watching how their different sense of humors are brought out by each other
3) To watching the boys lovingly team up to tease Paisley and how adorable her reactions are
4) Recognizing that the 3 of them NEVER EVER fight
5) Seeing how different the 3 of them are & how much they enjoy and respect each other
6) Observing the fun and flirtatious ways they compete against each other
7) Watching them lovingly challenge each other to be better
8) Seeing them affirm and validate each other for their individual strengths
9) Watching them use the tools they have been given to honor each others differences
10) Seeing them invest in family and hearing of their appreciation for what we share
11) Watching them be supportive of each others dreams and aspirations
12) Having all their friends over to the house and watching them all interact
13) Being inspired by them
These next 11 days will hold some of my favorite moments for 2007. They will fill my cup to over flowing and warm my heart to its boiling point! No matter what the outside weather is the sun will be shinning bright in my little corner of the world.
This is the best kind of high, its a legal high and a lasting high. If I could bottle it and sell it I would be wealthy, I'll put my Frontal Right brain to work on that. For the time being I will be be content to be rich in family!
"When it comes to giving love, the opportunities are endless and we are all gifted"
- Leo Buscaglia

5 comments:

jessithompson said...

I am thrilled for you GG! My mommy heart is beaming for you!

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

I am SO, SO happy that your kiddos are all home! I DO know that feeling of complete and utter contentment when my whole family is sharing a meal together! It IS heaven! Have a great 11 days!
Love Linda

The Farrell Family said...

We're going to Disneyland for Spring break this year. I won't get to participate on the rides, it'll hurt to walk around, I'll be hot and uncomfortable.... but having the best time of my life. I can't wait to see the faces of my children when they walk into the magic kingdom. They're in for the time of their lives.

Have a great spring break!

Kim Herring said...

You know that I love your children and it makes me happy to know that they are all together this week and enjoying their time together.

I think it's a true sign of maturity when they can honor each other and really enjoy spending time together.

When can I come over and soak some of that up? lol

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Kathi- I'm just finishing up finals week at the college...it has been a real challenge, but the end is in sight. If I remember correctly, you have a Brain Workshop tomorrow. I know it will be wonderful and wish the timing was different so I could be there too! I'll look forward to hearing about your learnings! Love, Linda