Sunday, July 16, 2006

Valley Girl Sprint Triathlon





Today was my 2nd Triathlon of this season, which was a sprint distance which is: swim 1/3 mile, bike 12 miles & Run 3 miles. Since my training the past 2 weeks had been geared toward the ½ Ironman next Sunday my coach “Roger” encouraged me to keep in perspective and look at it as more of a good work out, with to possibility that my legs would be tired from the miles I put in the week before. So I went into the race with the primary goal to feel really good about the swim, since I always seem to have some type of anxiety problem during the swim (some of you do not know that prior to last February I did not swim and had issues with being under water), where I panic about something, either seaweed, getting kicked or choking on water. To my pleasure I won 3rd place in my age group! My “high” for the day was coming out of the swim 1st in my age group! My “low” for the day was not being able to take my headphones for the run and having to listen to myself do heavy breathing for 3 miles. My post race “high” was still having a 2 1/2 hour bike to get in and getting to do it with my Tri-sister Jessi!

4 comments:

jessithompson said...

I am so proud of you! You went into it with your goals in mind, and achieved (and surpassed them). The ride afterwards was great too... hard to believe I could say that as I wasn't too motivated to get back on the bike. You're one tough cookie... can't wait to share this weekend with you!

Anonymous said...

You go tri-girl! I have such admiration for you. You are an inspiration for many of us. I am so priveleged to be able to be a part of your journey and help support you. I will be rooting for you all the way. Love ya shufflegirl! (cj)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's a great accomplishment in itself, to do something regardless of your fears. Good luck this weekend.
-Amy

Anonymous said...

Kathi! YOU ROCK!!! Feel the fear and do it anyway! You are a strong and courageous woman!! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers on Sunday. Give Jessi, Emma and Rog a hug for me! Your Booster! Linda